The news and views in two strands (based on the work that we do):
1. Conveyancing property to conveyancingproperty.blogspot.com
2. Wills and Estates, Probate work to wills-probate.blogspot.com
Items that don't quite fit into these categories are on this page.
10 July 2008
In the US real estate agents receive only a small share of the incremental profit when a house sells for a higher value. There is an incentive for them to convince their clients to sell their houses too cheaply and too quickly.
Levitt and Syverson find that homes owned by real estate agents sell for about 3.7 percent more than other houses and stay on the market about 9.5 days longer, even after controlling for a wide range of housing characteristics.
How that relates to today's market, or Australia's market is open to speculation
22 August 2006
It is worthwhile being informed and knowing that things can happen when you open your house for inspection. There are precautions you can take [more..]
03 June 2006
* Automated precedents and calculations for our areas of law
* Document and matter management
* Email and calendar integration
* Secure firewalls and access to our central server from the Internet
* Three different types of backup systems: RAID, DVD and USB copies, and
* Scanning and storage of incoming mail and faxes
Also we use our web space to deliver completed work to clients.
This means that your email is not jammed with a large attachment and you can choose when to take delivery of it.
Here is how it works:
· We email you telling you the file (usually a contract) is ready,
· We give you a link in that email to the file's web address,
· Because the link in the email is not to a webpage, no page will open, you get a message that allows you to Save the file to disk.
Note that the file is not linked to any web pages and cannot be accessed without the exact web address.
02 May 2006
We will be advising clients who are selling about the additional disclosure requirements and obligations in relation to smoke alarms.
To work out where you need to place them and how many you need see your electrician. This information is also available at planning.nsw.gov.au/.../smoke_alarms_advisory_note.pdf